Seppic China Official Website Privacy Notice
Last Updated: 19 April, 2023
SEPPIC (China) Speciality Chemicals Co., Ltd. (“SEPPIC China” or “We”) are committed to being responsible for processing your personal information.
Before you use or submit any information, please carefully review this Privacy Notice (this “Notice”). We will continue to evaluate this Notice to reflect our personal information processing activities, and we may make changes to this Notice accordingly. Any changes will be made on this page, and you should check this page periodically for updates. If we make material changes to this Notice, we will provide you with notice when required by law.
This Notice contains the following sections:
- Application and definition
- How we collect and use your personal information
- Legal bases for processing your personal information
- How we store your personal information
- How we protect your personal information
- Your choices and rights
- How we protect children’s PI
- How we export your personal information
- Links to other sites and services
- Updates to this Notice
- Contact us
1. Application and definition
This Notice governs and describes SEPPIC China’s practices (as a personal information processor under China’s data and privacy law) in connection with personal information that we collect and process through the official website of SEPPIC China.
Definitions of “personal information”, “sensitive personal information”, and “processing” in this Notice are set out as follows and are consistent with the definitions in the relevant laws.
- Personal information: refers to various types of information recorded in electronic or other ways that is related to an identified or identifiable natural person, including but not limited to name, address, mobile phone number, and ID number, etc. but excluding anonymized information.
- Personal information processor: refers to an organization or individual that independently decides on the processing purposes and processing methods during PI processing activities.
- Sensitive personal information: refers to personal information that, if leaked or used illegally, may easily lead to an infringement upon the human dignity of a natural person or endangerment of the safety of his/her body or property, including information on biometric identification, religious beliefs, specific identity, health care, financial accounts, and personal whereabouts, and personal information of minors under the age of fourteen. We will not collect your sensitive personal information.
- Processing: includes personal information collection, storage, use, processing, transmission, provision, disclosure and deletion, etc.
2. How we collect and use your personal information
We will only collect and process your personal information for the following purposes described in this Notice in accordance with the principles of lawfulness, legitimacy, necessity and good faith and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
2.1 When you register an account through our official website, in order to open the account for you, we will collect and process your civility, first name, last name, professional email address, password, and your professional information (including your company, company type, job position, professional phone number, address, post code, city, country, and markets). If you do not provide us with such information or the information provided is incorrect or incomplete, we may not open the account for you successfully.
2.2 When you log in our official website, in order to help you successfully log in, we will collect your username or email address, as well as your password.
2.3 When you make an order or try our products via our official website, in order to ensure appropriate follow-up of your subscription to our services or offers and order fulfilment, we need to collect your civility, first name, last name, professional email address, password and your professional information(including your company, company type, job position, professional phone number, address, post code, city, country, and markets).
3. Legal bases for processing your personal information
In most circumstances, we rely upon your consent to process your personal information. While under the relevant laws, we do not require your consent to process (including but not limited to, the collection, storage, use, processing, transmission, provision, disclosure, and deletion.) your personal information when:
- the processing is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which the individual is a contracting party or for conducting human resource management under the labor rules and regulations developed in accordance with the law and a collective contract signed in accordance with the law;
- the processing is necessary to fulfill statutory functions or statutory obligations;
- the processing is necessary to respond to public health emergencies or protect the life, health or property safety of natural persons under emergency circumstances;
- personal information is processed within a reasonable scope to conduct news reporting, public opinion-based supervision, or other activities in the public interest;
- the personal information that has been disclosed by the individuals themselves or other personal information that has been legally disclosed is processed within a reasonable scope in accordance with this Law; or
- under any other circumstance as provided by any law or administrative regulation.
4. How we store your personal information
We only retain your personal information within the minimum period which is necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes stated in this Notice. Meanwhile, we will also store your personal information with adherence to the mandatory provisions about the retention period rising from applicable laws and regulations.
5. How we protect your personal information
We have implemented industry accepted administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect the personal information you provide and to prevent the data from being accessed, disclosed publicly, used, modified, damaged or lost without authorization. We will take all reasonable and practicable measures to protect your personal information.
However, we cannot and do not guarantee that these measures will provide absolute security. Where a personal information breach occurs unfortunately, we will inform you as required by the laws and regulations via mail, letter, telephone, pushed notification or other available means. Where it is difficult to inform the subjects of the personal information one by one, we may publish an announcement on our Services. Where required by law, we will also report the treatment result of the personal information security incident.
6. Your choices and rights
According to applicable law, you may have:
- the right to know and the right to decide on the processing of your personal information;
- the right to restrict or refuse the processing of your personal information by others;
- the right to consult and duplicate your personal information;
- the right to request personal information processors to correct or supplement your personal information where you discover the information is incorrect or incomplete;
- the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of personal information based on your consent (but please note that your withdrawal of consent does not affect the validity of the processing of personal information that has been carried out based on your consent before the withdrawal);
- the right to request the transfer of personal information to your designated personal information processors;
- the right to delete your personal information under specific circumstances.
If you want to exercise your rights above, please contact us via the contact information provided in this Notice. To protect the security of your personal information, we need to verify your identity in order to respond to your rights request(s), and we may not be able to respond to the request(s) for rights related to personal information that are not from you or authorized by you (for example, requests to consult personal information of someone else).
Additionally, the rights above are subject to limitations and exceptions under applicable law. We will respond to and comply with your request(s) consistent with applicable law as soon as reasonably practicable. If you have unresolved concerns, you also have the right to complain to relevant supervisory authorities or where applicable, file a lawsuit with the court in accordance with applicable law.
7. How we protect children
Our Services are not directed to children under the age of 14, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 14 without parental/guardian consent. If you are under 14 years of age, then please do not use or access the Services at any time or in any manner. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children for any purpose. If you are the parent or guardian of your child and believe that we have personal information of your child without parental/guardian consent, or if you wish to withdraw such consent, please contact us via the contact information provided in this Notice and we will delete such information.
8. How we export your personal information
In principle, personal information that we collect and generate in the People’s Republic of China will be stored in the People’s Republic of China. However, in order to process your queries related to the protection of your personal information, we may export your personal information to SEPPIC Global located in France.
Where personal information is exported, your personal information will be protected by appropriate safeguards under applicable law, including but not limited to, where applicable, the conclusion of a standard contract duly issued by the regulatory body or applying for a data export security assessment. To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your separate consent prior to exporting your personal information.
Your personal information may be provided to the following overseas recipient:
|Name||Contact info||Purpose and Method||Type of Personal information||Country|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||Process your queries related to the protection of your personal information||civility, first name, last name, professional email address, password and your professional information||France|
9. Links to other sites and services
The Services may contain links to third-party websites, applications and other services. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites and services. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Services and to read the privacy statements of each and every site you visit that collects your information.
10. Updates to this Notice
We reserve the right to update this Notice at any time to reflect changes in the law, our data collection or practices, the features of our services, or advances in technology. We will provide you with a new privacy notice when required by law. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.
11. Contact us
If you have questions about this privacy notice or wish to contact us for any reason in relation to our personal information processing, please contact us at email@example.com.
Consent Mechanism Design
Consent and separate consent to pop-up/webpage
Welcome to the Seppic China official website. Before you accept our services or use our products, please review Seppic China Official Website Privacy Notice ("Privacy Notice"). This Privacy Notice will help you understand why and how we collect, store, use and protect your personal information. By voluntarily checking the box, you agree that you have read and agree to the content of the agreement that follows the check box.
- I have read and understand the contents described in the Privacy Notice and agree to the processing of my personal information in accordance with the Privacy Notice.
- I consent to the transfer of my personal information outside of Mainland China as described in the Privacy Notice.