What is a vaccine adjuvant?
What are the potential roles of an adjuvant?
Reinforce the immune system:
- Fasten the onset of immunity
- Enhance the level of the short term response
- Increase the duration of the vaccinal protection
- Reduce the antigenic load in the vaccine
- Reduce the vaccin dose
- Orient the immune response (humoral/cellular)
- Enhance the stability of the vaccine
MONTANIDE™ veterinary adjuvants.
Seppic is ready to improve your vaccines with a large range of adjuvants responding to your needs (pathogens, species, immunity, vaccine formulation ...)
MONTANIDE™ ISA Adjuvant
Emulsions usually consist in 3 components: water, surfactant and oil.
MONTANIDE™ ISA is a ready-to-use adjuvant consisting in an oil and a mannitol oleic acid surfactant.
MONTANIDE™ ISA adjuvant forms an emulsion when mixed with an aqueous solution.
Depending on the surfactant in MONTANIDE™ ISA adjuvant, different emulsion types can be formed:
Advantages and cautions depending on species:
MONTANIDE™ ISA adjuvants, selection based on different types of oils:
MONTANIDE™ IMS Adjuvant
Specific range of adjuvants designed to enhance safety and develop a fast onset of immunity.
MONTANIDE™ IMS characterisitics:
- Induce strong immune response
- No toxicity and favorable tolerance
- Simple dilution of the adjuvant with the antigenic phase
- Stable and homogeneous
- Fluid vaccine (viscosity below 5 mPa.s
- Compatible with live vaccines (adjuvant continuous phase is aqueous)
- Available in sterile and /or preserved grades
MONTANIDE™ IMS adjuvant ranges:
MONTANIDE™ GEL adjuvant
Innovative adjuvant based on a dispersion of a high molecular weight polyacrylic polymer in water.
MONTANIDE™ GEL characteristics:
- Translucent, or white/ opaque, flowable gel
- Low viscosity for an easy handling
- Pharmaceutical excipient
Formulation with MONTANIDE™ GEL
- Ready to dilute
- Easy to disperse
- Low amount of use (2.5-20%)
- Fluid and stable vaccines
- Compatible with inactivated and live antigens
- Simple mixing of the adjuvant with the antigenic phase
- Available in preserved grades
MONTANIDE™ GEL aspect
MONTANIDE™ GEL adjuvant range: