SEPPIC launches XYLISHINE™, the new hair repairing and moisturizing active ingredient
XYLISHINE™(1), bio-inspired association of natural sugars mainly from wood and from the brown algae, Pelvetia canaliculata, is a hair moisturizer that enhances the shine of all hair types.
Sugars, derived from wood hemicellulose, have a high water absorption capacity. They enable to strengthen cell walls structure, and contribute to the plant flexibility. Pelvetia contains sugars that are in charge of maintaining the vital hydration of the seaweed to survive during summer dryness. In autumn, Pelvetia can instantly gorge itself with water to reactivate all its biological activities. Inspired by nature, the composition of XYLISHINE™ is able to reproduce the properties of the living world to restore the shine and the flexibility of hair.
In ex vivo studies, in rinse-off and leave-on applications, XYLISHINE ™ at 3% repairs the hair fiber and restores the deep moisture of damaged hair: up to + 30% hydration in the core of the fiber.Thehairregains its shine!
Two in vivo studies were performed: one leave-on lotion on Brazilian hair and one rinse-off shampoo on Caucasian hair. XYLISHINE ™ at 3% significantly boosts hair shine and helps define curls of frizzy hair.
XYLISHINE™ is worldwide compliant, including China (IECIC listed). It is easy to incorporate intoanytype of hair formulations (shampoos with/without cationics, conditioners, spray...).
Audrey POUJADE-FAURESSE, product manager, declares: "By combining the expertises of our marine biotechnologies with the one of the plants, SEPPIC has taken up the challenges of hair hydration and proposes you XYLISHINE™, an active ingredient offering a rare moisturizing intensity to the core of the fiber, for a visible benefit."
XYLISHINE™ intensely moisturizes damaged hair: +30% of hydration in the core of the fiber.
Measurement of the deep hydration of the hair on 3 groups of 5 damaged Caucasian strands.
(1) INCI name: Xylitylglucoside & Anhydroxylitol & Maltitol & Xylitol & Pelvetia Canaliculata Extract
(2) Bio-inspired: that imitate nature
SEPPIC - Corporate Communications
+33 (0)1 42 91 41 18Send an email
Latest press releases
- Seppic launches SEPIFILM™ White TF, for the dietary supplements market
- SEPPIC discloses SUBLIGANA™, an anti-imperfection active ingredient for blemished and acne-prone skin
- SEPPIC Wins the NYSCC Most Sustainable Ingredient Award for EMOGREEN™
- SERDEX has joined SEPPIC on January 1st, 2017
- SEPPIC wins the gold medal for the most innovative functional ingredient at In-Cosmetics Asia 2016