SEPISTAB™ ST 200, a versatile excipient
SEPISTAB™ ST 200 provides several benefits, related to the manufacturing process for solid forms as well as the improvement of the final formulation.
- Improves the flow of powders, a key point for direct compression or filling capsules
- Can be used as adsorption medium due to its porosity
- Has an anti-capping action
- Improves the stability of active ingredients sensitive to moisture due to its role as a moisture scavenger and its very low Aw value (water activity).
- Can be used to obtain tablets with a greater hardness without compromising their rapid disintegration in the body, effectively replacing binding and disintegrating agents. The graph below illustrates the performance of SEPISTAB™ ST 200 as a binding and disintegrating agent.
The composition of the tested formulations is as follows:
|Niflumic acid (%)||80||80||100|
|SEPISTAB™ ST 200 (%)||-||17,5||-|
|Pregelatinized starch (%)||17,5||-||-|
|Magnesium stearate (%)||2||2||-|
SEPISTAB™ ST 200 is suitable for pharmaceutical applications and complies with the European Pharmacopoeia pregelatinized corn starch monograph.
It is manufactured in accordance with IPEC GMP standards.
SEPISTAB™ ST 200 can also be used in dietary supplement or confectionery applications.