SEPINEO™ P600, an essential polymer
SEPINEO™ P600 is an essential thickening agent for pharmaceutical formulations. It is easy to use as it does not require neutralization or rehydration steps when developing new gels, creams, simple or multiple emulsions for:
- Formulas for topical application with drug or medical device status
- Formulas with high solvent content, anhydrous or with rich oily phases
- Products composed of heat- or water-sensitive ingredients
A 3-in-1 polymer
An excellent thickener
- Stable over a wide pH range (3-11)
- Compatible with a large number of solvents: ethanol, propylene glycol, glycerine
- Compatible with a large number of active ingredients
- Synergistic effects with other pharmaceutical thickeners
Stabilizer - Emulsifier
- No prior HLB calculation required
- Suitable for polar and nonpolar oils, essential oils and esters
- Can be used to formulate innovative cream-gels (up to 35-40% fatty phase)
- Co-stabilizing role: improves the stability of all types of W/O emulsions from as little as 0.5%
- Improves the sensory profile and appearance of a formula from as little as 0.2%
- Rheofluidifying behaviour providing a finished product which is easy to spread
Easy to use
SEPINEO™ P600 is presented in liquid form. It is pre-neutralized and no HLB calculation is required.
SEPINEO™ P600 is easy to work with: aqueous dilution at room temperature, no high shear needed.
Being nonthixotropic, it allows flexibility in the process and equipment used.
The recommended quantity in a formula ranges from 0.2% to 5%.
SEPINEO™ P600 is designed solely for topical pharmaceutical applications (skin and anal and vaginal mucosa).
It can be used in pharmaceutical or medical device status products.
SEPINEO™ P600 has a Type IV DMF and is registered in the Inactive Ingredient Database.