Fluid under stress for convenient manufacturing conditions:
- Easy to pump at room temperature.
- Easy to inject into the cable.
Viscous at rest:
- As soon as the filling gel is introduced into the cable, it regains its viscosity.
- Provides mechanical protection to the fiber optic cable.
Description and features
- Filling compound for fully sealed fiber optical cables.
- Contains efficient hydrogen scavenging agents, providing a high hydrogen adsorption capability to extend the cable’s useful lifetime.
- Hydrophobic and thixotropic gel to simplify the injection during the production of the cables.
- Easy to pump even at room temperature. The most convenient pumping unit is a Multi Piston Pump (MPP), as it is able to deliver a constant flow at high pressures.
- Produced since 1994 at the SEPPIC’s site located in Castres, France, which is qualified ISO14001, ISO9001, and OHSAS 18001.
|58 016||3,5 to 4 cm3/g SEPIGELTM
H 200 LWT at STP
|Acid Value||521 904||<0,6|
|Dropping Point||NFT 60 102 -
ASTM D 566
|NFT 60 103||ASTM D > 150°C (300°F)|
(WTW and 325/S
At high shear rate, when stress is applied to the gel, it is fluid. Therefore the SEPIGELTM H 200 LWT is easy to pump during the manufacturing of the cable.
SEPIGELTM H 200 LWT is viscous at rest to provide mechanical protection to the optical fiber but still allows a bit of movement.
Total hydrogen adsorption of 1 gram of SEPIGELTM H 200 LWT is between 3.5 to 4 cm3 in experimental conditions. Those are indicative values which can slightly differ according to experimental devices, amount of sample in the device and surface state of the sample. However they clearly show the high hydrogen adsorption capacity of the SEPIGELTM H 200 LWT.
It has an immediate capacity of adsorption of hydrogen to protect the fiber from the hydrogen generated during manufacturing. The filling gel SEPIGELTM H 200 LWT also has a continuous capacity of hydrogen scavenging to protect the fiber during the cable’s lifetime.