SEPIFILM™ LP comes in a granular form and can be used for the optimal protection of active ingredients that are sensitive to moisture and to improve the physical properties of the core (hardness, friability).
A comprehensive range of film-coatings for moisture protection
The SEPIFILM™ LP range is comprised of white or colourless film-coating products offering several protection levels:
|Coating type||Product||Protection level|
|Aqueous - White||SEPIFILM™ LP 770||Standard|
|SEPIFILM™ LP 761||Enhanced|
|Aqueous - Clear||SEPIFILM™ LP 0101||Standard|
|SEPIFILM™ LP 0141||Standard +|
|SEPIFILM™ LP 0071||Enhanced|
|SEPIFILM™ LP 0301||Enhanced ++|
|Organic - Clear||SEPIFILM™ LP 9142||Standard|
1 Combine with SEPISPERSE™ DRY, SEPISPERSE™ AP or SEPIFILM™ PW for a coloured film-coating
2 Combine with SEPISPERSE™ K for a coloured film-coating
“It can be combined with our SEPISPERSE™ or SEPIFILM™ PW ranges to provide a coloured film-coating for moisture protection.”
Characteristics and benefits
Due to its composition and its granular form, SEPIFILM™ LP has numerous benefits:
1. Process benefits - Easy to use
- Rapid dispersion, without dust or lumps
- Homogeneous dispersion, without generating foam
- No extreme temperatures
- Allows film-coating in aqueous or organic medium
2. Functional benefits - Protection and stability of the finished product
- Protects active ingredients sensitive to moisture
- Improves the stability of hygroscopic formulations
- Allows the use of traditional packaging materials
- Helps to improve the physical properties of the tablet (hardness, friability)
SEPIFILM™ LP can be used for pharmaceutical applications and is manufactured in accordance with the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) applicable to excipients.
All components comply with the applicable European, US and JP pharmaceutical regulations.
All the regulatory and quality documents required for registration are available on request.
Some products from the SEPIFILM™ LP range are also authorised for dietary supplement or confectionery applications.
Furthermore, SEPPIC supports its customers with a wide range of services, such as Sepischool, a theoretical and practical training course on film-coating, technical assistance from a film-coating expert on customer site and a bespoke formulation offer.
Challenges and solutions for moisture sensitive API formulation
PDF - 814.69 KB