The rational perception of a younger looking skin
When speaking of anti-aging, most people(1) consider it should cover ways of preventing and correcting the changes in skin aging.
Moreover, the main ways consumers assess the aging changes on their skin are, by far, with their own and other people’s opinion, with scientific measurement data being far behind.
(1)©“Skin Thinking” Survey conducted on 4963 British females aged 18-60+ (2018)
- ASPAR’AGE™ has a preventive approach in vitro by protecting the skin from contagious aging.
- ASPAR’AGE™ contributes to improve skin appearance with a correcting approach in vivo, perceived and measured.
- ASPAR’AGE™ is a biomimetic active ingredient inspired by the red seaweed Asparagopsis armata.
- Preventing from contagious aging by reducing the senescence of young cells
Chronological aging leads to an excess of dysfunctional senescent fibroblast cells, even more upon external stresses. These cells, also called zombie cells, do not divide anymore but produce a "Senescence Messenger Secretome" (SMS).
SMS contains numerous age-promoting and pro-inflammatory molecules such as cytokines, chemokines, growth factors and proteases, normally non released or in low quantity by non senescent cells.
Thus, SMS affects the surrounding young cells and accelerates the signs of aging: this is the phenomenon of contagious aging.
ASPAR'AGE™ protects the young cells exposed to “SMS” from signs of senescence.
- Improving skin appearance
A rationalized perception from a large panel of people concludes on the visible benefits from ASPAR’AGE™: skin looks younger and less wrinkled.
Moreover, instrumental approach shows a significant improvement on wrinkles after D28 versus D0.
- Biomimetic active ingredient inspired by Asparagopsis armata
In the ocean, the sea hare feeds on the red seaweed Asparagopsis armata rich in “mycosporine-like” amino acids. It uses these molecules as a chemical message to communicate with its fellow creatures, especially in times of danger.
Bio-inspired by this chemical communication, ASPAR’AGE™ is an extract of this seaweed and contains mycosporine-like amino acids, being beneficial in regulating communication between skin cells.
- Skin care
- INCI : Aqua / Water - Propanediol - Asparagopsis Armata Extract
- Efficacy biomarker
- Use level: 2%
- China compliant (IECIC list), Cosmos approved, NaTrue approved, Halal certified, Vegan suitable, MassBalance Certified, NOC (ISO16128) = 100%