Renewable Oil Based Versatile Liquid Polymer
SIMULGEL™ NS is a liquid polymer derived from the Ecodesign development intended to reduce environmental impact, one of SEPPIC’s three CSR pillars. It is a vegetable origin squalane-based thickening-stablizing-texturizing polymer. It contains 61% renewable carbon.
Furthermore, it is synthesized by inverse emulsion polymerization. This is a solvent-free, energy efficient manufacturing process technology.
Versatile and environmentally-friendly, SIMULGEL™ NS is used to develop formulas of any consistency, with a fresh and melting skin feel.
INCI: Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer & Squalane & Polysorbate 60
- Ready-to-use: liquid and pre-neutralized
- Cold or hot process
- Wide pH range: 3-12
- Multifunctional: thickening, stabilizing and texturizing
- Stabilizes and emulsifies all types of fatty phase
- Extra-fluid, sprayable to thick textures
- Compatible with solvents, AHAs, DHA, sun filters and sunscreens, pigments and UV exposure.
- Smooth, shiny and soft texture
- Easy to spray or pick up depending on the consistency
- Fresh (quick break) and melting skin feel
This product is covered by a Mass Balance certificate. Check our progress on RSPO.org.
- Face & body care
- Sun care (spray or cream)
- Hair care
- Approved in China (listed in IECIC 2021)
Liquid-liquid acrylic emulsion thus non-microplastic polymer*.
*according to Background Document to the Opinion on the Annex XV report proposing restrictions on intentionally added microplastics (10 December 2020)