Liquid Polymer for Eco-friendly Concepts
SIMULGEL™ EPG is a polymer derived from the Ecodesign development intended to reduce environmental impact, one of SEPPIC’s three CSR pillars.
It is an EO (ethylene oxide)-free, thickening-stablizing-texturizing polymer. Furthermore, it is synthesized by inverse emulsion polymerization. This is a solvent-free, energy efficient manufacturing process technology.
Suitable for more responsible concepts, SIMULGEL™ EPG imparts a soft and light skin feel.
INCI: Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer & Polyisobutene & Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside
- Ready-to-use: liquid and pre-neutralized
- Cold or hot process
- pH range: 5.5-12
- Multifunctional: thickening, stablizing and texturizing
- Stabilizes and emulsifies all types of fatty phase
- Sprayable fluid to thick textures
- Compatible with solvents, sun filters and sunscreens, pigments, etc.
- Smooth, shiny and soft texture
- Easy to pick up
- Light and soft skin feel
This product is covered by a Mass Balance certificate. Check our progress on RSPO.org.
- Face & body care
- Hair care
- Approved in China (listed in IECIC 2021)
Liquid-liquid acrylic emulsion thus non-microplastic polymer*.
*according to Background Document to the Opinion on the Annex XV report proposing restrictions on intentionally added microplastics (10 December 2020)