Outstanding stabilization of inverse emulsions in polymerization
SIMALINETM IE 201 A may be used in many types of W/O emulsion polymerization where its outstanding properties lead to a smooth polymerization and a very good stability of the final emulsion in terms of ageing and resistance to high temperature.
SIMALINETM IE 201 A may be used to access various types of polymers such as polyacrylamides and polyacrylates, for use as flocculants, thickeners, retention-aids, etc.
Other possible application areas
- Construction: stabilization of explosive emulsions
- Blend of an ABA block-copolymer surfactant with a fatty sorbitan ester based on vegetable and renewable resources
- CAS: 70142-34-6
- Non-ionic emulsifier
- Function: water in oil (W/O) emulsifier
- Easy-to-handle: liquid form at 25ºC with low viscosity, max. 1100 cP
- Soluble in oils, insoluble in water
- 100 % active matter
- Water content: max. 1 %
- HLB: 4.6
In order to cope with the very different parameters which are met during emulsion polymerization processes (monomer composition, phase ratio, initiators, temperature/conditions), two blends, SIMALINETM IE 201 A and SIMALINETM IE 201 B are available.
SIMALINETM IE 201 B is the blend of the same polymeric surfactant from which SIMALINETM IE 201 A is made, yet this time associated with an ethoxylated fatty sorbitan ester of vegetable origin.
SIMALINETM IE 201 A and SIMALINETM IE 201 B may be associated to finally tune the surfactants’ mix and HLB to every case.
- SIMALINE IE 201 A / SIMALINE IE 201 B 80:20, HLB = 5.5
- SIMALINE IE 201 A / SIMALINE IE 201 B 50:50, HLB = 6.7
- SIMALINE IE 201 A / SIMALINE IE 201 B 20:80, HLB = 8.0
Would you like a sample of this ingredient ?
Rapeseed oil ethoxylated with different quantities of ethylene oxide
SIMALINE IE 501 A
SIMALINE IE 501 A is a low-viscosity emulsifier compatible with unpolar, aliphatic and/or aromatic oils.
On account of its low HLB, it can be used either alone or associated with other surfactants in inverse (W/O) emulsions.