Liquid polymeric emulsifier for innovative pharmaceutical "Gel-in-Oil" emulsion and for W/O emulsion
Made of raw materials compliant to the European Pharmacopoeia (Ph. Eur.)
Simaline L80 is a high molecular weight emulsifier imparting robustness and a pleasant sensory profile to innovative Gel-in-oil emulsions and traditional W/O emulsions.
Its liquid nature makes for easy handling for sampling, manufacturing and cleaning operations.
Chemical name: Sorbitan Oleate & PEG-30 dipolyhydroxystearate
Dose: 1.5% to 4%
Applications: Topical, transdermal, vaginal, rectal
Vehicle for high quantities of polar solvents
The polymeric nature of Simaline L80 is essential to formulate a Geltrap™, emulsifying a high content of aqueous internal phase (> 80%) into a Gel-in-Oil emulsion.
This dosage form can incorporate high quantities of polar solvents to promote the solubilization and skin penetration of APIs:
- > 50% PEG-400
- > 40% Transcutol® P (Diethylene glycol monoethyl ether)
- > 80% Propylene glycol
- > 60% Glycerin
Geltrap™ can also be a solution for topical formulation of water-sensitive APIs into an anhydrous vehicle.
Promoting patient compliance
The Geltrap™ is a solution to improve the sensory profile of your emulsions even in presence of high quantities of solvents, thanks to its unique texture:
- Fresh touch
- Non-greasy, non-sticky
- Easy skin spreading
- Good emolliency even with only 10% of oil phase
Value-adding benefits for topical drugs and medical devices
- API solubilization & skin delivery thanks to its compatibility with solvents & penetration enhancers
- Moisturizing & emollient vehicle for skin disorders linked to disease (e.g. atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, ichthyosis, ...) or treatment (i.e. retinoids, corticoids, ...)
- Ideal sensory profile for pain relief with moderate to long playtime and fresh touch for quick relief
- Mucosal applications: water-resistance property for longer contact time
Cost, energy and time-saving technology
The Geltrap™ can be a cost-friendly alternative and a true ally at laboratory and industrial scale:
- The possibility of a dosage form rich in water, up to 95% content
- Room-temperature, low shear and quick emulsification process thanks to Simaline L80 polymeric nature
- Simaline L80: a liquid emulsifier for an easier handling / manufacturing / cleaning