Microcrystalline Cellulose (MCC) Spherical Seed Core
CELPHERE™ is a 100% microcrystalline cellulose (MCC) spheres.
It is a neutral substrate for manufacturing of microgranules. It has no smell nor odor.
It is insoluble in organic solvents such as ethanol.
Features and functions
CELPHERE™ is used as a neutral substrate for microgranules with the following characteristics:
- High sphericity and narrow particle size distribution : Accurate dissolution
- Insoluble, optimum water absorption : Low particle agglomeration during the process
- High mechanical strength (low friability) : Tolerant with high stress and coating machine varieties
- Small particles : High dose layering
- Low chemical reactivity : no pre-coating required
CELPHERE™ products range includes five (5) different grades characterized in terms of particle size and density:
|Grade||Particle size (µm)||Density (g.cm3)|
CELPHERE™, from Asahi Kasei Corporation, conforms to the USP/NF; Ph.Eur ; JP(JPE) monograph of MCC.
CELPHERE™ is manufactured following the current excipient Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
The regulatory and quality package is available on request.
CELPHERE™ is manufactured by Asahi Kasei Corporation. Asahi Kasei Corporation is a Japanese company who is manufacturing mineral products and cellulose derivatives for a multitude of pharmaceutical applications.
SEPPIC distributes these products in Europe for Spain, France, Italy and Portugal.