Mineral salts and trace minerals
SEPPIC markets a wide range of pharmaceutical quality* (GMP) mineral salts
Mineral salts are necessary for the correct functioning of the human body. In particular, they are a source of cations, trace elements often present in very small quantities in the body, but which are essential to cell activity. They are involved in:
- Tissue formation (organs, muscles, etc.)
- Hormone synthesis
- Protecting the body
- Enzyme systems
- Osmotic balance of body fluids
The body is not capable of synthesizing these minerals. The necessary intake is acquired naturally through the foods that we eat. If this does not happen (due to foods lacking in trace elements, deficiency or poor assimilation) medicinal intake is effective for avoiding some complications or illnesses.
SEPPIC markets organic mineral salts: the mineral is combined with an organic radical. Its bioavailability and therefore assimilation are thus improved compared to classic inorganic compounds.
Each of mineral salts** plays a specific role in the body. The usefulness of a trace element is linked to the nature of the cation:
* Mineral salts also have applications in nutrition, in dietary supplements, enriched foods or dietary products. SEPPIC markets food quality mineral salts.
** SEPPIC also supplies directly compressible encapsulated mineral oxides and salts
SEPPIC markets mineral salts, composed of a mineral combined with an organic cation. In contrast to inorganic mineral salts, the cation fulfils a wide variety of roles:
- Transporting the mineral element
- Affecting the physico-chemical, organoleptic and rheological characteristics of the salt
- Sometimes playing a biological and/or metabolic role
are phosphorus-containing organic compounds. They have many advantages:
- Good assimilation of the metal ion by the tissues, especially by the brain
- Weak buffer effect for improved solubility of the salt compared to carbonates or phosphates
- Sources of phosphorus
- Precursors in creating cell membranes and constituting the tissues of the major organs
- Precursors in synthesis of triglycerides and phospholipids
SEPPIC supplies mineral salts of following glycerophosphates:
And glycerophosphoric acid as synthesis intermediaries, available in liquid form at concentrations of 20% and 35%
are organic compounds with interesting properties:
- Improving assimilation of minerals in the body, due to their chelate form
- Possibility of administering high doses of mineral salts, due to their good water-solubility
- Role in the metabolism through the pentose pathway
SEPPIC supplies mineral salts of following Glucoheptonates:
And glucoheptonic acid as synthesis intermediaries, available in liquid form at concentrations of 50%.
are organic compounds that improve the bioavailability of minerals. They have metabolic advantages and are involved in:
- Krebs cycle, making it possible to produce the energy necessary for cell development
- Formation of fundamental components of DNA and RNA synthesis
- Ureagenesis, in one of the stages of urea synthesis;
- Protein synthesis
SEPPIC supplies mineral salts of following Aspartates:
are interesting organic compounds, which:
- Make the metal easier to assimilate for the body
SEPPIC supplies mineral salts of following Gluconates:
ISALTIS a French company and one of the high purity mineral salts key producers for pharmaceutical and nutraceutical applications. Under the brand names “BERNARDY” and “GIVAUDAN-LAVIROTTE”, ISALTIS offers a wide range of catalogue products.
SEPPIC is the exclusive distributor of ISALTIS in:
May 7, 2013
Discover SEPIFILM NATurally COLored!
SEPPIC expands its SEPIFILM range with a new colored film coating: SEPIFILM NATurally COLored.
Feb 19, 2013
Commercial reorganization - United Kingdom and Ireland
To optimize our customer service whilst improving the service that we provide, the management of sales from the United K...